Cluster 2020’s vision is to support the creative industries, enabling them to overcome barriers and seize opportunities for growth.
Description of the project – Aims and objectives
It will do this by working towards creative cluster excellence. This will include developing and testing a blueprint, so that as many cluster organisations as possible can provide better creative business support across Europe. The Cluster 2020 partnership will work with business clusters in England, Germany and France. It will run trials and test ways to optimize working spaces, services and cross-sectoral linkages.
The aim is to provide tailored, meaningful and effective cluster support in order to make individual businesses better informed, more efficient and more expert in what they are doing.
Better Informed in:
1. Understanding new markets and sector trends;
2. Using Open Data to develop competitive advantage for individual businesses.
More Efficient in:
1. Utilizing facilities and support services through incubation, co-working, start-up and internationalisation support;
2. Using creative Industry friendly productivity & business support tools.
More Expert in:
1. Identifying and accessing new knowledge to better understand emerging key business issues;
2. Selling into international markets and identifying high growth sector opportunities.
For further reading please visit Cluster2020blog or contact David Furmage the Project coordinator